Monday, June 8, 2009

My Wife.

What if I've already met her?

What if she was the girl who told me my camera lens was sexy?
What if she was that girl that I spilled coffee on in Alaska?
What if she was the girl at the register in the Vans store?
What if I bumped into her in Disneyland 3 years ago?

I just think it's crazy to think that I could have already met the "love of my life", so to speak, and I have no way to know it. I could have met her yesterday, and I will never remember. Even after we meet again, I won't remember that we've already met. It's just crazy to think about. There are so many "what if" combinations that it pretty much blows my mind.

She could be reading this blog right now, and she doesn't know that someday we'll be married.
It's just crazy.

4 comments:

  1. I never really thought about it like that. I don't think there is just one person for me out there, and I think that mentality is kinda unhealthy. I call it "spousal consumerism." Basically, people are codependent (which basically means the draw their life's happiness from others, not from themselves) and expect their spouse to be perfect and fulfill their every need. The truth is, every spouse is flawed. Eg, if the woman expects her husband to be her father, it's unhealthy and not a reasonable expectation. Nor can he be funny 100% of the time, Prince Charming 100% of the time. At least not with any genuineness. And even if he tries, it can't make the wife happy any more than money makes a man happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the spousal consumerism is regarding the "best catch" phenomenon. Where people spend they young adult years searching for the best product they can find. Like shopping for a wife. Or man. Frankly I've heard more of this shop-talk from girls talking about guys. Like "oh he has to be funny, be better looking, taller." This of course happens to some extent with everyone because we have some standards. But the real problem is when they won't give someone they like a chance because they fall short in one area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more. What I mean when I say "the love of my life", I just mean whoever that may be. I don't think there is already a pre-determined perfect person. I just mean that I will get married to someone someday, and I would have no way of knowing if I had met her already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think about this a lot, like what if my future husband lives next door to me now, and years later I meet him at a job conference or something? It's definitely weird to think about.

    As for what Green Caper said about being codependent, everyone is in someway or another. I definitely depend on my friends and my family to make me happy; yes I can make myself happy, but I would definitely not be happy if I were alone with absolutely no one for the rest of my life. I'm sorry but how completely lame would that be? I totally agree that people should not blow someone off just because they fall short in one area, but to say that we shouldn't be codependent on someone for happiness doesn't really make sense to me

    ReplyDelete